Entry Criteria and Fees
You must have:
- An undergraduate degree*
- At least three years’ relevant management experience – this could include people, project or functional management experience
- A CV that outlines your employment history including previous job titles, responsibilities and duration of contract. Please include name and contact details of your direct manager in your last two or three positions (where applicable). We may wish to contact them for verification.
- Three written referees’ recommendations (employer and character).
- Requirements for an undergraduate degree may be waived if an applicant can demonstrate substantial management experience (five years at CEO/GM level, or seven years of functional management experience) with evidence of relevant tertiary study
- You may be required to have an interview.
It is expected that you will be competent in the areas of:
Basic Office fluency (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
Basic maths fluency
It would be an advantage to be competent in the following areas:
The fee for the Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies is all-inclusive and covers the following:
- All papers
- All required textbooks
- Course materials provided in soft format
- Internet access while on campus
- Access to full-text online databases and Waikato University library resources
- Access to the health and counselling services.
|2017 Fee - New Zealand Citizens and Permanent Residents
Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies
NZD $16,340 (inclusive of GST)
- All fees are subject to change depending on University Council approval and changes in University supplementary charges
- The fees excludes supplementary University charges that are approximately $450 per year of study.
- The Waikato PGDip(MgtSt) is an approved qualification for student loans - a study loan means that you can have an interest free loan and pay off your loan at 10% of your net salary per month (visit www.studylink.govt.nz).
- If your programme spans more than one calendar year there will be an increase in each subsequent year.
There are scholarships available - eligibility criteria differ for each scholarship.
One main scholarship being offered in 2017 is:
University of Waikato Taught Postgraduate Fees Scholarship