Waikato MBA for International Applicants
Applications for the Waikato MBA can be completed via the University of Waikato online portal at enrol.waikato.ac.nz
Please read the our detailed Application Process information BEFORE you start the online process.
Once you have successfully submitted your online application, and provided all of the relevant documentation required, we will commence your admission evaluation. You will be contacted within 1-2 weeks by one of our programme coordinators.
To apply for the Waikato MBA, you should have:
- A bachelor's degree, or equivalent (see note below), and
- At least three years' relevant management experience (this could include people, project or functional management experience).
- Meet the English language requirements for postgraduate programmes
Admission Assessment & Cohort Diversity
Candidates are assessed individually against the programme entry criteria.
Final selection and admission of participants is based on maintaining diversity within each cohort and programme stream; accounting for:
- diversity in industry experiences,
- diversity in academic backgrounds,
- gender balance,
- and diversity in international backgrounds.
English language requirements:
- an IELTS overall score of at least 6.5, including at least 6.0 in the Writing band, or
- an iBT (Internet-based TOEFL) score of at least 90, with a Writing score of at least 22, or
- a B grade or better at Level 8 in the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English, or
- an overall score of C (with at least a C in the Writing band) in the Foundation Certificate in English for Academic Purposes, or
- a PTE Academic overall score of at least 65, with no less than 58 for each communicative skill.
Note: The requirements for a bachelor's degree may be waived if an applicant can demonstrate substantial management experience (five years at CEO/GM level or seven years at functional management level), plus evidence of relevant tertiary study. An interview may also be required.