Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Wednesday 20 November 2019
Anyone can understand numbers and accounting as long as you have tools to do so. Finance for Non-Financial Managers equips you with the resources and the know-how to make numbers work for you.
Make better informed decisions and break down barriers to accounting by learning modern financial tools that will help you understand and manage your business better. This workshop uses practical activities to get you comfortable conversing in the language of finance.
- Reading financial statements
- The use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Current budgeting and forecasting techniques
- Linking your business strategy to financial reality
- Evaluating business decisions.
- Be able to interpret what the numbers are saying
- Get comfortable conversing in the language of finance
- Raise your level of financial interaction in the workplace
- Business owners
- Managers and professionals
- Senior management
- C-suite level
Presenter - Professor Howard Davey
As a lecturer on the triple-crown accredited Waikato MBA and with research published in over 200 publications, Professor Howard Davey has a knack for turning the traditionally challenging topic of accounting into something interesting and exciting. He draws from a wealth of knowledge and experience in the creation of this simple yet highly effective course.
$600 Standard price
$500 Members of Waikato-based and Bay of Plenty-based Chamber of Commerce, Waikato University alumni, University students and staff
Note: Those eligible for the NZTE Development Vouchers Scheme can apply for a further 50% discount of the regular price. The price(s) indicated above are inclusive of GST.
WHEN: Wednesday 20 November 2019, 9 am to 3.30 pm
WHERE: University of Waikato Hillcrest Campus, Hamilton
Lunch will be provided on the day.
Registrations are not open yet.